Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Little Tinker Bell



















































Madison will be 3 in May and I'm still in awe of how amazing she is. She soooo smart, a few months ago she asked "what's that?" as we passed a power plant, I explained as simply as possible, that it was a place that made power for us, so we could turn on the lights and the t.v. and mommy could blow dry her hair. She thought a minute and said......." Like a battery?" In shock I said " Yes just like a battery, little smarty!!"
Lately she been obsessed with Tinker Bell and has been asking me everyday to fix her hair like Tinker Bell. The first time I did it, it turned out perfect, and second and eleventh time it looked more like a pony tail. And I'm sure you've all read about my mishaps of potty training, well it's happened!!! One day I woke up and said "we're done with diapers!!!" I moved all the diapers out of the diaper drawer and replaced them with panties. And I told Madison we were going to wear panties from now on. Mind you the first two days we had quit a few accidents, but we survived and were much better for it!!! It's been a week and she been wearing panties all day, everyday!!!!!!!! We still wear a diaper at night but this morning she was still dry and went in and used the potty right away, so that's a good sign. Oh and poo poo was never a problem!!! Great hu? Any ways I'm kinda in love with my daughter and I wanted to the world to know how great is......and not just because she's potty trained, because she's smart, beautiful, imaginative, sweet natured, sensitive, and loves her mommy unconditionally!!!! (Even if I haven't showered in 2 days or fixed my hair in 4.)
I've been reading that book Captivating, and I'm realizing how importnat it really is to be that encouraging mom, and how much it impacts us as an adult. I want to be that mom to her encouraging, understnading, loving her so she values herself as a woman of God later in life.

6 comments:

Anna said...

Congrats on the panties thing! Madison looks so cute and happy in all of those pictures, you sure have been blessed. :)

Candace said...

Yay for no more diapers! You little Maddy is really special and you are a great mom to her. I'm so glad God speaks to your heart about loving her the way that she needs!

Amy Dubois said...

Captivating is a really amazing book! Congratulations on the potty training! I've been thinking about doing that and haven't had the guts. I feel a stirring of inspiration now!

Ryan Reuther said...

Yes, Madison is absolutely amazing and I love her beyond words. You are such a great mom to her and I could not be more blessed with the three girls the God has given me!

Becky Moseley said...

She really is adorable, Rach.

Amy @ Increasingly Domestic said...

The pictures of her are so cute and isn't it amazing when they show you just how smart they are? I love kids:)