Monday, September 8, 2008

I found my groove!!!

So I gained 5 lbs this past month. Wedding after wedding eating way too much and getting to my goal weight and forgetting you can't just go back to the way I used to eat. Well one thing lead to another and well the weight creeps back on. So with this all this said I knew I had to get back to running, I was a ok runner last summer before I got prego with Morgie. And when I say "runner" I do NOT mean 7 miles a day like miss Candace!!! But more like a mile or 2 every few days to make my self feel good. Anyways I ran a few nights ago and well it wasn't pretty, I ran maybe and I do mean maybe a mile. I came in and died, beat red and sweating buckets. I felt like I had been shot in the gut. I hurt so bad. So I did it again last night little better but not much still only ran the mile and still hurt pretty bad but I recovered a little faster.
So ready to give up, I gave it one more go tonight....... and I'm so back!!!! I ran around my block SIX times!!!!!!! One lap is 1/2 a mile I was only doing 2 laps a night ago, I don't know what happened tonight but I felt great!!! I ran one no pain... one more hu? still no pain ok one more sill kill me but I'll try it... what the heck still nothing.... ok i'm going for the gold....I"m going to go 6 laps.....and I kid not I did it!!!! And I still feel nothing!!!! My legs feel a little sore but other then that I really think I might have been able to go a few more miles. So I going to the river trail tomorrow and run with a girl friend so we'll see how that goes I'll keep you updated but this 5 lbs should be no problem!!!

4 comments:

Anna said...

That's awesome Rach! I'm proud of you. I wish that I had the energy to run but by the time I'm done working all I can muster up is a nap! We have been taking walks at night now that it's nice out but I do wish I could do more. :)

Becky Moseley said...

Good job, Rachie! Hang in there. We're rooting for you.

Candace said...

You are awesome. I can't run 7 miles right now. But we can work up to that together!

Moseley said...

A-Way to go. I suck at excersizing. I heard once that the average person walks five miles a day. Bull crap. Not if I can help it. B-Tell your husband to call me. I want to hang out with him. A lot.