Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My Feet Hurt!!

OK I'm still running, but man my feet are killing me!! I know, I know it my shoes right? But I've got live with them for a while.
But I do have a question out there for all you athletic people... I've been running anywhere from 2 to 3 1/2 miles everyday, and I'm wanting to push myself to go farther but I was wondering.....Is it better to run farther and have my miles take about 14 minutes each so that I CAN go farther or.... run faster and work on getting my mile under 10 minutes but right now when I do that I can only go no more then 2 miles. Honestly when I run slow i feel like I can keep going on forever and I usually stop because it's getting late and I need to get ready for bed.
Oh and I know it's better to run in the morning so I burn calories during the day but my cute little girls are up at the crack of dawn already and Ryan leaves for work so that really doesn't work for me so i try and go every night after the girls go down for bed.
Oh and one more question..... why am i not losing weight? I've been running for 2 weeks and I still up that 5 pounds that I gained last month!!!! I sweat buckets and feel good about running but really who runs because it's fun I wanna see results man!!!!!!!! I'm wanting to loss this funky gained 5 pounds and plus 5 pounds more, and really that's not that bad 10 pounds is totally doable. So what the heck!!!!
(Billy B. I'm expecting a comment!)

2 comments:

--- Billy Brown said...

Okay, here we go...

1. I'd stop at three miles or so, and try to gt your time down below 10min/mile, and then go further.
2. Don't worry about running at night, that's fine, as long as you don't get nailed by a car or something.
3. You might be putting on some muscle, which weighs more than fat. Try to clothes test and see how everything is fitting you.
Also, I get reeeeaaly hungry after I run, and I tend to eat like a horse. Sometimes runners tend to eat more calories than they expend, so kee an eye on your calorie intake.

sarah said...

I agree!
#1 Don't know about.
#2 I do my best work out at night. I think it is a myth that working out in the morning is better for you. I think it is when your body feels it's best...for me that's at night!
#3 I was totally going to say that too. When I was working out alot I couldn't figure out why I wasn't losing either...and it was because I was eating more throughout the day without even realizing it! So if you can keep your portion sizes down you will lose. I noticed that 5 small meals throughout the day was best for me...(hard at first though while your body is adjusting)...I was never hungry and always felt like I was eating...about every 2-3 hours.
Good luck :)